Department of Conveyor Belt Technology and Exploitation
Testing and selection of belts
- Testing of belt tensile strength, adhesion strength, cord-to-rubber adhesion, ageing resistance and comparing to Polish and European standards
- Assessment of usability of belts for operation under specific conditions (e.g. puncture resistance, increased temperature)
- Selection of belts for conveyors and operational conditions considering given capacity and conveyor angle
- Technology for connecting and repairing standard, heat-resistant, oil-resistant belts and special belts with profiled lining
- Non-standard special tests, e.g. checking adhesion of rubber lining applied to a drum
Experimental production and technical servicesThe department develops and manufactures special prototype belts for operation at increased angles, such as:
- V-belts for handling bulk and packaged materials,
- belts for high conveyor angles,
- belts for vertical transport,
- belts for special agricultural machines, weighting and packing devices, cleaning drums, sand spreaders and other.
Moreover, the department prepares technical documents for prototype rubber, rubber -metal and fabric- rubber items, including flexible couplings, bumpers, shock absorbers, diaphragms, flexible rail mounting system parts etc.