The origins of the Institute
The history of “Poltegor-Institute” dates back to the 1950s
when a regional department of the Central Bureau of Coal Industry Designs in Katowice was founded in Wroclaw.
In 1955 it was transformed into an autonomous Lower Silesian Mining Design Office (DBPG).
On January, the 1st 1968, due to the merger of DBPG with Brown Coal Scientific Research Department of GIG in Wroclaw, Research and Design Center of Opencast Mining – Poltegor was established.
In 1991 “Poltegor-Institute” Opencast Mining Institute in Wroclaw was created.
The mission is realized with use of resources of the Institute, which comprise research staff, laboratories, equipment, test benches and specialized software.